Monday, August 28, 2017

Dead branch



At the roadside
Lay a dried  broken branch .
No leaves,
No flowers,
No buds,
No fruits .
Not a spark of life in any form.
It was lying there ready to be kicked
by the first foot that tipped on it.
No heart to kick it
I picked it up.
Held it close to my eyes
to see its naked beauty.
Didn't want to leave it alone.
I Brought it home ,
Cleaned the sand,
which had changed its color.
After the shower it looked
fresh to me .
Dried it in the hot sun
to bring back
the crispness of the twigs.
After a day or two
put in a brass vase
to give it a place in my house.
Had a few colorful birds
in my showcase,
that were looking for a place to perch.
Made them sit happily on the new home,
After which the dead branch looked beautiful.
So as the birds as if they started to breathe!
If a dead branch of a tree
can bring alive the showcase birds
How about the humans?
Yes, if they wish
they can live in parts
of many lives
even after they
stop to breathe...........



No comments: